All our suppliers undergo strict controls on the origin of the raw materials they use, very specifically regarding wood. The vast majority (90%) of our wood comes from FSC-certified suppliers (Forestry Stewardship Council) and the remaining 10% from sustainably managed plantations. Our goal is to offer in 2011, a 100% collection for FSC wood products.
Our model of production to demand, routing the products directly from the factory to your home generates less greenhouse gases than a conventional circuit with more intermediate steps.
We choose our furniture transport and delivery partners with care and they meet this regarding the environment, economic driving courses, ongoing renewal of their fleet with EURO 5 and reduction of packaging cardboard, plastic and polystyrene are examples their dedication to the common cause.
10 simple actions that can reduce everyday environmental impact of our office activities like home and we invite you all to disseminate and replicate around you (Source: “One ton less, www.onelesstonne.ca”) :
1) The “recycling” of the paper: no more paper sheet should go in the trash before you use both sides.
2) Carpooling: you divide by two and GHG emissions corresponding to a path.
3) It is very easy to replace ordinary light bulbs with fluorescent models. Halogen bulbs luminaires are also easy to find. At the same lighting, fluorescent and halogen bulbs use about 75% less electricity and last much longer.
4) hanging around an automobile engine to idle for only 10 minutes a day, it consumes on average 100 liters of petrol per year. In most cases, it is unnecessary to run the engine at idle. Even in cold weather, car producers recommend to let the engine warm up for just 30 seconds before driving. Idling car engines needlessly produce greenhouse gases and contributes to the formation of smog, fog harmful to health, especially children.
5) Washing clothes usually represents about a quarter of the hot water consumption of a home. On average, the hot water alone accounts on average for 22% of domestic source of greenhouse gases. Now, it may as well wash most clothes in cold water. Just use a detergent designed for this purpose (easy to find in stores).
“A wash at 30 ° C consumes 3 times less energy than washing at 90 ° C and a cold wash consumes two times less than a washing at 40 ° C. As for the drying in the open air, it is free. © ADEME ”
6) The installation of weather stripping or sealing around windows and exterior doors can greatly reduce infiltration, save you money in heating costs and make your home or apartment more confortable.L’installation weatherstripping or sealant around windows and exterior doors can greatly reduce infiltration save you heating costs and make your home or apartment more comfortable
7) By lowering the thermostat on the water heater to 49 ° C, the water will remain hot enough to meet the household needs while reducing energy consumption (and the amount of your bill).
8) Reduce by 5 km / h speed of my usual cruise. Each km / h subtracted from your cruising speed on main roads or the highway reduces consumption, fuel costs and the production of greenhouse gases in a proportion of about 1%. Moreover, the fact that fast ride rarely saves time.
9) Make regular maintenance of his car and check the tire pressure every month. A poorly maintained vehicle is operating inefficiently, uses more fuel and releases more pollutants. For example, the simple act of riding on tires that the pressure is less than 2 lb / in2 to the recommended pressure increases fuel consumption by 4%.
10) Replace your old appliances with new low energy consumption will also significantly reduce energy consumption in your home.
Mind you, to produce the energy we normally use in our homes, GHG emissions are inevitable. The carbon footprint of your home corresponds to the amount of CO2 generated to produce the energy you consume. By reducing your energy consumption, you have an immediate positive impact on the environment.